10.12.2009

Fall Festival Recipe Exchange




My Friend Amy is hosting her first annual Fall Festival Recipe Exchange!

Since Autumn is the time of year that I enjoy cooking the most, I thought it would be fun to participate.

Besides all the delectable sweets and goodies, soup is one of my favorite things to make and eat all during the chilly months.  I made the following recipe for the first time the other night, and it was so easy and so unbelievably tasty that I thought I'd pass it
                                 along...


Tortellini Soup

3 Tbs. butter
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
8 cups chicken broth
4 cups water
1 {9 oz.} pkg. dried cheese-filled tortellini
2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. black pepper
freshly grated parmesan cheese


Melt butter in 6 quart Dutch oven over medium-low heat.  Cover and cook garlic, celery, carrot and onion in butter for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in broth and water.  Heat to boiling; reduce heat.  Stir in tortellini; cover and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tortellini are tender.

Stir in parsley and pepper; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

Top each serving with freshly grated parmesan.

{makes 10 servings}

To play along, visit here.
                           

8 comments:

  1. I love tortellini soup! Thanks for the great recipe. I will have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've bookmarked several recipes from Amy's Fall Festival, and am adding yours! We cook more soups and stews as the weather turns cooler ... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. I make a similar soup all the time. Isn't it yummy, easy, and pretty? I add spinach, kale, or swiss chard when I have it in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, I must try this. Love tortelli, but I never have seen it in a soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did not know there was such a thing as tortellini soup. sounds very delish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds perfect! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your blog! I love to read and look forward to your future suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I love tortellini soup. My grandma makes the best. :)

    ReplyDelete